04 Apr 2013 Claiming a ‘Proper’ Facebook Business Page
When you first set up a page for your business on Facebook, the website address for your page will be something like www.facebook.com/pages/handmadeweb/387572049674930.
It’s a good idea to change this to something that is easier to tell people about, like www.facebook.com/handmadeweb.
To do this, you first need 25 people to ‘Like’ your page. Then follow these instructions:
- Go to this webpage: www.facebook.com/username
- Select “Select a Username” for your page
- This brings up a drop down menu. On this, select the page you want to create the username for.
- If your page has the needed 25 ‘likers’ it will bring up a box.
- Enter your desired username and click on “check availablilty”
- If it’s available, you will be shown some final terms – if you are happy with your choice click “confirm” or select “cancel” to try another one.
For more details see these instructions on Facebook.